CLASS: Basic 3
TOPIC: Meaning, Types and examples of Constituted Authority
A constituted authority is a person or a group of persons that act on behalf of a group and is backed by law.
It can also be defined as a responsibility given to an individual or group of individuals and backed by law.
Types and examples of Constituted Authority
(1) Traditional rulers Examples are:
(a) Oba in Yoruba land.
(b) Eze/ Obi / Igwe in Igbo land.
(c) Emir / Sarki in Hausa land.
(d) Obong in Efik / Ibibia.
(2) Religious leaders Examples are
(a)Pastor, Bishop, in Christianity.
(b) Imam in Islam
(c) Apena/ Alaagba in Traditional religion.
(3) Political leaders Examples are: President, Governors, Senators, House of representatives, Local government chairman and councillors.
(4) Heads of organizations
Examples are: Bank managers, School Principals, Headmistress/ Headmaster etc.
(1) What is constituted authority? ____________________
(2) State the four types of Constituted Authority
(3) Mention two examples for each constituted authority stated above.
(i) (a)____ (b)_____
(ii) (a)_____ (b)_____
(iii) (a)______ (b)________
(iv) (a)______ (b)________
(4) List the three main religions in Nigeria.
(Visited 4,040 times, 17 visits today)