CLASS: Basic 3
SUBJECT: Agricultural Science
TOPIC: Identification of Local Vegetable Crops
Vegetable crops are annual crops, that is, they are planted under a garden system and harvested within a year. Vegetables are rich in iron, vitamins and minerals. They are therefore, an important component of a balanced diet.
Classes of vegetable crops include:
(a) Leaf vegetables: They are planted mainly for their leaves. Examples are:
(b) Fruit vegetables: They are cultivated for their fruits, though some people eat their leaves. Examples are:
Egg plant, etc.
(c) Root vegetables: They are cultivated for their tubers. Examples of root vegetables are:
(d) Leguminous vegetables: Example is green beans.
1. Explain what vegetables as annual crops mean.
2. State the four classes of vegetable crops.
3. Vegetables are rich in ____________, ____________ and ______________.
5. State three examples of leaf vegetables.
5. List two examples of fruit vegetables.
6. ___________ is an example of leguminous vegetable.
7. ___________ and ____________ are examples of root vegetable crops.
(Visited 752 times, 2 visits today)