Right Attitude Towards Work
- Meaning Of hard work
- Meaning Of laziness
- Rewards of hard work
- Rewards of laziness
- How to encourage hard work
Basic 5 / Primary 5
Instructional Materials :
Teaching materials like wall charts and cardboard
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught how strike actions paralyze social and economic activities in a country
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- mention various positive attitudes towards work
- Say the right attitude towards work
- Mention ways to discourage laziness
- Mention various ways to encourage hard work
- Discuss the rewards for hard work
Attitudes are behaviours that we show towards certain situations or conditions
Some attitudes are good and some attitudes are bad.
Examples of good attitudes are
- Hard work
Examples of bad attitudes
Meaning Of Hard Work : Hard work simply means working hard. Giving out the best of your mentally, emotionally and physically in order to get the best and be the best.
Rewards Of Hard Work
- Good results for good efforts
- High self esteem
- Respect from friends and colleagues
- Improved social life
- Promotion at place of work
- Increase in salary
- Recognition from organized corporate bodies
- Awards and prizes
- Praise and Thanks
- Financial freedom
How to encourage Hard work
- Salary increment.
- Promotion to higher position.
- Presentation of awards and gifts.
- Special incentives like bonuses and allowances
- Award of national honors
Meaning Of Laziness
Laziness means slothfulness. It means finding faults and complaining about also everything to the extents of getting nothing done. It is a strong desire to be idle and unwilling to work.
Rewards Of Laziness
- Work poorly done
- At times, work are not done
- Low esteem
- Disrespect from friends and relatives
- Wretched social life
- Most laziness people tend to beg or become beggars
- Laziness may lead to demotion
- Most lazy people are always in debt
- Laziness, if unchecked, may lead to sack or loss of job
How to discourage laziness
- Lazy workers must be dismissed so that they do not negatively influence other workers that are very hard working.
- Lazy workers’ salary may be deducted or delayed.
- Lazy workers may be demoted or made to work without promotion for being lazy
- No increment of salary for lazy workers
- Lazy workers may be denied bonus or allowances.
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1: The class teacher revises the previous topics
Step 2. He introduces the new topic by discussing right attitudes to work with the pupils
Step 3: The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- What is hard work
What is laziness
Mention three rewards of hard work
Mention three rewards of laziness
He gives a brief note and he allows the pupils to copy
Read about civil society in Nigeria