Moral Education and Civil Societies in Nigeria
Class: Basic 5
Subject: Civic Education
Topic: Moral Education and Civil Societies.
Moral education is a training which shows us the right and just way to lead our lives.
The right values of life such as tolerance, hard work, obedience, honesty, unity of purpose in conduct, love, etc.
Preaching the following moral values among civil society group will enable such a group to achieve its set goals.
1. Oneness/ unity: People should see themselves as one irrespective of their religious, social or cultural backgrounds. They should always do things that will promote the unity of the group and society in general.
2. Justice and fair play: People should always act in the spirit of justice and according to the rules. Everybody is equal and we must respect each other.
3. Honesty/ truthfulness: We must be honest in dealing with each other. Honesty is important in building trust when working as a group.
4. Love: We must love ourselves and others around us. This is needed for any meaningful coexistence. Love helps to reduce conflict among people.
5. Tolerance: Civil society groups must learn to tolerate each other and the society in which they operate even when they do not agree with other people’s views and values.
6. Obedience: Social groups must be obedient to all legitimate authorities.
7. Hard work: We must work hard and aim towards nation building.
1. Identify three right values of life according to Moral education teachings.
2. State two benefits of moral education to civil societies.
More Similar Links :
- Communication and Transportation
- Wages and Income
- Marriage Customs and Practices
- Traditional Marriage
- Characteristics and Features of Adequate Housing
- The Effects Of Population Explosion On Housing And Accommodation
- Disaster – Meaning , Types and Causes of Disaster
- 1st Term Examination 16 SOCIAL STUDIES Basic 5
- Social Studies Primary 5 First Term Examination
Heat and Temperature
1st Term Examination VOCATIONAL STUDIES 16 Basic 5
Angles ( Definition, types and measures of angles)
About The Author
A very passionate teacher with interest in technology