PRY 5 ENGLISH THIRD TERM E-NOTE
Subject :English Grammar
Class :Primary 5
Term :Third Term
Class: Basic 5
Subject: English Grammar
Topic : Complete à Guided Essay on “My Environment”
Previous Lesson :
- Identify and describe the components of their environment.
- Understand the importance of their environment for personal well-being and growth.
- Demonstrate the ability to write a composition on “My Environment” using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structures.
- Develop critical thinking skills by analyzing the impact of their actions on the environment.
Embedded Core Skills:
- Reading comprehension
- Writing skills
- Critical thinking
- Vocabulary development
- Communication skills
- Chart paper or whiteboard
- Markers or chalk
- Worksheets for composition practice
- Visual aids (pictures of different environments)
- Pen and paper for each student
Complete guide on a composition on “My Environment”
Title: Composition – “My Environment”
Introduction: My environment is the place where I live, play, learn, and grow. It consists of various elements that shape my daily life. In this composition, I will describe my environment and its importance to me.
Paragraph 1: My environment is my immediate surroundings, including my home, school, and neighborhood. It is a vibrant place with diverse people, buildings, nature, and activities. The environment provides me with a sense of belonging and offers numerous opportunities for exploration and learning.
Paragraph 2: The natural elements in my environment are crucial for my well-being. I have trees, plants, and flowers around me, which provide clean air, shade, and a beautiful sight. Birds chirping, butterflies fluttering, and the sound of wind in the leaves create a peaceful atmosphere.
Paragraph 3: My community is an essential part of my environment. I have neighbors who are friendly and supportive. We celebrate festivals together, organize events, and work towards improving our surroundings. The community promotes unity, cooperation, and a sense of responsibility.
Paragraph 4: My school plays a significant role in shaping my environment. It is a place of learning, where I gain knowledge, skills, and values. The teachers and classmates contribute to a positive and encouraging atmosphere. We learn about the importance of keeping our environment clean and protecting it for future generations.
Paragraph 5: Taking care of my environment is crucial. I understand the significance of keeping it clean and pollution-free. I actively participate in activities such as recycling, conserving water, and planting trees. By doing these small acts, I contribute to a healthier and more sustainable environment.
Conclusion: In conclusion, my environment encompasses my home, school, and neighborhood. It consists of natural elements, a supportive community, and educational opportunities. I value and respect my environment, and I strive to be a responsible citizen by taking care of it. Together, we can create a better and greener environment for everyone to enjoy
Now, it’s your turn! Fill in the blanks with appropriate words or phrases to complete the composition on “My Environment.”
Title: Composition – “My Environment”
Introduction: My environment is the place where I __________, __________, __________, and __________. It consists of various elements that shape my daily life. In this composition, I will describe my environment and its importance to me.
Paragraph 1: My environment is my immediate surroundings, including my __________, __________, and __________. It is a vibrant place with diverse __________, __________, __________, and __________. The environment provides me with a sense of __________ and offers numerous opportunities for __________ and __________.
Paragraph 2: The natural elements in my environment are crucial for my __________. I have __________, __________, and __________ around me, which provide __________, __________, and a beautiful __________. __________, __________, and the sound of __________ in the leaves create a peaceful atmosphere.
Paragraph 3: My __________ is an essential part of my environment. I have neighbors who are __________ and __________. We celebrate __________ together, organize __________, and work towards improving our surroundings. The community promotes __________, __________, and a sense of __________.
Paragraph 4: My __________ plays a significant role in shaping my environment. It is a place of __________, where I gain __________, __________, and __________. The teachers and classmates contribute to a __________ and __________ atmosphere. We learn about the importance of keeping our environment __________ and protecting it for __________.
Paragraph 5: Taking care of my environment is __________. I understand the significance of keeping it __________ and __________
Lesson Plan Presentation
- Introduction (5 minutes):
- Greet the students and create a positive learning atmosphere.
- Introduce the topic by asking students about their immediate surroundings and what they understand by the term “environment.”
- Explain the importance of the environment in our daily lives and its impact on our well-being.
- Discussion and Vocabulary Building (10 minutes):
- Display visual aids or pictures representing different environments (urban, rural, coastal, etc.).
- Engage students in a discussion about the components of each environment, such as natural elements, buildings, people, and activities.
- Introduce relevant vocabulary words related to the environment and ensure students understand their meanings.
- Writing Skills (15 minutes):
- Discuss the structure of a composition, including an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Provide a sample composition on “My Environment” as a reference.
- Guide students through the process of brainstorming ideas about their own environment and organizing them into paragraphs.
- Highlight the importance of using descriptive words and varied sentence structures to make their composition engaging.
- Teacher’s Activities (15 minutes):
- Share tips on how to enhance their composition with vivid descriptions and personal experiences.
- Model the process of writing the introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion of the composition on the board or chart paper.
- Encourage students to ask questions and provide individual assistance as needed.
- Learners’ Activities (20 minutes):
- Distribute worksheets for students to write their compositions on “My Environment.”
- Provide guidance and support to students while they work independently.
- Encourage creativity and originality in their writing.
- Assessment (10 minutes):
- Collect the completed compositions for assessment.
- Evaluate students based on their use of appropriate vocabulary, organization of ideas, sentence structure, and overall coherence
- Evaluation Questions:
- What is the topic of today’s lesson?
- Why is the environment important to us?
- Name three components of your environment.
- What is the structure of a composition?
- How can you make your composition more engaging?
- What vocabulary words did you use in your composition to describe your environment?
- Explain the role of the introduction in a composition.
- How did you organize your ideas into paragraphs?
- Did you include any personal experiences or observations in your composition?
- What did you learn about the importance of taking care of the environment?
- Conclusion (5 minutes):
- Recap the main points discussed during the lesson.
- Emphasize the significance of understanding and appreciating our environment.
- Encourage students to be responsible citizens and take care of their surroundings.