BUSINESS STUDIES JSS 3 FIRST TERM LESSON NOTES SCHEMES OF WORK
FIRST TERM E–LEARNING NOTES
JS 3 (BASIC 9)
SUBJECT: BUSINESS STUDIES
SCHEME OF WORK
1.Office procedure:(a) meaning and importance of office procedure (b)procedures for preparing bills, invoice and receipts.(i)Computer software (ii)Typewriter(iii)Adding machines.(c)procedures for making payments by: (i) cash (ii) bank transfer (iii) cheque (iv) bank draft
2.Office procedure:(d)imprest Account: (i) Balance and restoration of imprest.(e)The role of wages and salaries unit:-preparation of vouchers,payroll and pay slip advice (f)Store records:-meaning of store,meaning of store records,procedure for store procurement(use of store requisition ) (g) Delivery note and gate pass.
3.Office Equipment:(a)Meaning of office equipment.(b)Identification of office equipment (c)Types of office equipment (d) Importance and uses of office equipment (e)Care of office equipment.
4 .Advertising:(a)Meaning of advertising, Types of advertising, functions of advertising (b) Forms of advertising media:- Radio, Television, Newspaper, Magazines, Handbills, Internet, Bill Boards, etc (c)Advertising ethics.
5. Transportation :(a) Meaning of transportation (b)Importance of transportation in commerce (c) Types of transportation:-Road,Air,Rail,Water,pipeline.(d) Advantages and disadvantages of each type of transportation.
6. Communication :(a) meaning of communication. Means of communication-post, telephone, world wide web, courier services.(b) importance of communication in business.
7. Communication :(c)Services provided by communication agencies: Post and Telegraph services, Telephone services,www.com internet, courier services.
8. Meaning of Consumer Protection
9. Advantages/Disadvantages of transportation.
10. Simple Single Business Goals.
12. JSS 3 BUSINESS STUDIES FIRST TERM EXAMINATION