PRY 3 PHE IST TERM E-NOTE
Topic: Creative rhythm and movement
Subtitle: Rhythm and movement
Learning Objectives: At the end of this this lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Demonstrate rhythm
- Differentiate between animals sounds and sounds made by people
- State the importance of rhythm and movement
Resources and materials:
Scheme of work
Instructional material: picture chart
Building Background/connection to prior knowledge: pupils are familiar with the topic from their previous classes.
A creative rhythm is an end product of movements as children learn to move the parts of their body and to use them as instruments of expression.
- Fundamental rhythm
- Sing along games
- Folk dance
- Random rhythm
- Regular rhythm
- Alternating rhythm
- Progress rhythm
- Flowing rhythm
Creative Movement is a joyful way for children to explore movement through music, develop physical skills, channel energy, stimulate imagination and promote creativity. Creative movement uses body actions to: communicate an image (the wind), communicate an idea (a journey) or communicate a feeling (strength).
Benefits of Creative Movement
- Helps children develop body control.
- Children gain coordination and balance through varied movements.
- Children are able to respond to music and rhythm.
- Encourages children to express their creativity in physical ways
Animals and human sound
- Dogs bark
- Goat and sheep bleat
- Frog croaks
- Lions roar
- Elephant trumpet
- Camels grunt
- Cats meow, hiss and purr
- Birds whistle, twitter, tweet and sing
- Cock crows
- Donkey bray
- Eagles scream
- Doves coo
- Duck quack
- Jackals howl
- Snake hiss
- Zebra whinny
- Humans talk, cry, scream, shout, whistle and whisper
Importance of rhythm and movement
- Rhythm spur emotion
- Influence thoughts
- Aid relaxation
- Encourages fun
Step1: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher explains the new topic.
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation:
- List six animals and their sounds
- List three animals sound
WRAP UP(CONCLUSION) Teacher goes over the topic once again for better understanding.
1. state two benefits of creative rhythm
2. what is creative rhythm
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)