CLASS: Basic 3
SUBJECT: Agricultural Science
TOPIC: Uses of Ornamental Crops
Ornamental crops are used for different purposes. The most important uses include:
1.Protection: They are planted to protect soil, serving as soil cover. Example is carpet grass planted to cover a football field.
- Beautification: They are used to beautify our surroundings. Planting flowers and grasses around our compound makes the entire area neat and beautiful.
- Fencing: They are used to fence our houses and offices. Example is cactus.
- Source of income: They serve as a source of income to farmers when sold.
- Prevention of soil erosion: They help to prevent soil erosion, that is removal of soil from the ground by either wind or rain water.
- Provision of shade: They provide shade and serve as a cover from the sun rays.
- State four uses of ornamental crops.
- ______________ is a type of flower used to protect the soil.
- Which of the flowers is used for fencing?
(Visited 694 times, 4 visits today)