MUSIC JSS 3 FIRST TERM LESSON PLAN NOTES
FIRST TERM: E – LEARNING NOTES
JS 3 (BASIC 9)
SCHEME OF WORK
1. Primary Notes of The Major Scale :The Degree of the major scale, the primary notes of the major scale.
2. Time signature : Simple Compound , The uses of figures, simple and compound time.
3. Key signature with sharps and flats: Major keys with sharps , major keys with flats.
4. Major/ Minor Keys with sharps and flats Relationship: Relative major/minor scales¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬___Major keys with sharps and flats
5. Minor Scales: Types of minor scales. Natural minor scale, Harmonic minor scale, scale of A Minor ( Harmonic) ascending and descending. E and D Minor scale (Ascending and Descending), Melodic Minor scale.
6. History of music some western composers and their works:(1)Joseph Haydn (1732-1809).(2)Ludwig Van Beethoven (1770-1827). (3)Felix Mendelson (1809-1847).(4)Robert Schumann (1810-1856).
7. Western Musical Instruments: Musical Instruments for the orchestral- Strings, Woodwind, Brass, Percussion. Western instrument not used in the orchestra- Keyboard instrument, Stings.
8. Art Songs: Western- Purcell, Schubert, Brahms, Mendelssohn and others. Nigerian – Laz Ekwueme, Ayo Bankole, Dan Agu, Sam Ojukwu, Akin Euba Felix Nwuba and others.
9. Musical Forms: Simple forms- Binary form. Ternary form, Theme and other variation, Rondo form.
10. Musical Performances: Types –Solo, Deut, Trio, Quartet, Sextet, Septet, Octet and Choir. Meaning of these performance, Types.
11. MUSIC JSS 3 FIRTS TERM EXAMINATION QUESTIONS