Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of Rearing of animals
Importance of Agriculture eg
Provision of food
Provision of shelter
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to mention the importance of agriculture like
- Provision of food
- Provision of shelter
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Importance refers to the benefits that are inherent in farming . The benefits in farming or agriculture are numerous . examples of such benefits are
1. Provision of food,
2. Provision of shelter,
3. Provision of income (money),
4. Provision of employment /job opportunities,
5. Provision of raw materials for industries,
6. Provision of clothing,
7. Provision of medical herbs,
8. Provision of foreign exchange,
9. Provision of transportation i.e. the use of horses, donkeys and camels.
10. Provision of recreational and sport i.e. the use of animals like rabbits,
dogs, cock, etc.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- What does importance mean ?
- mention three benefits or importance of farming or agriculture .
- What agricultural products are used for shelter ?
- What agricultural produce are used by man as food ?
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about benefits o of Agriculture