Christian Religious Knowledge
God make men and Women
Basic 6 / Primary Six
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of Love of Money II
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- What is creation?
- Roles of men and women. Genesis 2:18 – 27; 3: 13 – 18
- Confusing gender distinction. Ephesians 5: 21 – 33
- Misconception about the differences between men and women.
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
Teaching Methods :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Memory verse: Genesis 2: 18
Bible references: Genesis 2:18 – 27; 3: 13 – 18, Ephesians 5: 21 – 33
What is creation? Creation is the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new.
CREATION OF MAN AND WOMAN
In the beginning, God made only man, Adam. After sometime, God saw that it was not good for Adam to live alone, he decided to make a helper for him. God cause a deep sleep to fall upon him. While he was sleeping, God took one of his rib s and closed up the place with flesh. God created woman out of the rib he took from Adam, and brought her to him.
God created man and woman differently.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
- Men have stronger bones and muscles than women
- Men have deeper voice than women
- Men grow beard and moustaches while women do not.
- Women develop bigger breasts than men
- Women sexual organ is different from that of men
- Men and women dress differently
- Women get pregnant men don’t
- Women deliver babies men don’t
ROLES OF MEN
From the bible, the roles of men are as follows:
- Provide shelter for his family
- Provides food for his family
- Provide clothing for his family
- He must protect his family.
- He must bring up the family in the way of the lord.
- Provides education and health care for his family.
ROLES OF WOMEN
- Take care of the children.
- Help her husband from time to time.
- Cook for the family.
- She bears children for her husband.
- She helps the children to know God.
CONFUSING GENDER DISTINCTION
Just as Satan deceive Adam and eve to sin against God, Satan is still deceiving human beings to do what is not right in the sight of God. He want men to change the natural way god have created men and women. While bring confusion and evil to the society.
The following are some of the confusing gender distinction:
- Satan make some women want to be like men through dressing and Behaviour.
- Satan makes some men want to be like women like wearing of earrings, plaiting their hair.
- Practice of homosexuality. That is men marrying men and female marrying female.
The effects of the confusing gender distinction leads to
- Damages social values
- It threatens the marriage institution.
So, Christians should avoid any action or attitude that can confuse gender distinction. Men and women should be contented with how God have crested them and give all glory to God.
MISCONCEPTION ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
The following are different idea of people between men and women
- Some say men are important then women
- Some value women than men
We should know that we are all humans and we are created by God in his image. Therefore we are equal before God.
Prayers: O lord, thank you for creating us a male and female, in Jesus name.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- What is gender discrimination ?
- mention two misconception about male and female gender
- what a man can do , a woman cannot do . true or false ?
- Mention two roles of men in the society
- mention two roles of women in the society
- Mention four differences between men and women
- What is gender equality ?
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about Proper Expression of Sexuality
(Visited 249 times, 1 visits today)