Christian Religious Knowledge
Love of Money (Part 2)
TOPIC: Love of Money II
- The right attitude to money. Luke 12: 15, 1 timothy 6: 6 – 14
- Dangers of Excessive love of Money and wealth. Mathew 16: 24, 26: 33, Luke 12: 15, 22 – 31.
Basic 6 / Primary Six
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of Love of Money I
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- explain the right attitude to money.
- The Dangers of Excessive love of Money and wealth.
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
Teaching Methods :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Memory verse: 1 Timothy 6:6
Bible references: Luke 12: 15, 1 timothy 6: 6 – 14, Mathew 16: 24, 26: 33, Luke 12: 15, 22 – 31.
THE RIGHT ATTITUDE TO MONEY
The following are the right attitude toward money
- We should love God who is the giver of wealth instead of loving money.
- We should be moderate in the manner we look for money.
- We should separate ourselves from excessive love of money.
Dangers of Excessive Love of Money and Wealth
The following are the dangers of excessive love of money and wealth.
- It takes away the love of God from our hearts.
- It will bring destruction.
- It will lead to wrong desire.
- It makes us to lie.
- It leads to stealing
- It could lead to crime.
- It make us wicked
- Make us violent
- Lead to dishonesty
- It leads to ritual killing
Prayers: O lord, give us the grace to love you before money, in Jesus name. Amen.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- What is money or wealth.
- List the right attitude toward money to the students.
- Mention three dangers of excessive love of money and wealth.
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about
God make men and Women
(Visited 107 times, 1 visits today)