Christian Religious Knowledge
Corruption : Meaning , Causes and How to fight Corruption
Basic 6 / Primary Six
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of Temptations
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- explain the meaning of corruption
- mention causes of corruption
- mention ways of fighting corruption
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
Teaching Methods :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Memory verse: Luke 12; 15
Bible references: Matt 4: 1 – 11, James 1: 12 – 15, Luke 12: 13 – 21
Meaning of Corruption
Corruption is the use of a position of trust for dishonest gain.
It is also the misuse of power for personal interest.
It means to adulterate, contaminate or alter normal ways of doing things for personal gains.
Causes of Corruption
- Extreme love for money and other material things.
- Lust and greed
- Self – centeredness
- Excessive thirst for power
- Power Drunk
- Keeping bad friends
- Love of money
- Drug abuse
Ways of Overcoming Corruption
- Through fasting and prayer.
- Through the word of God.
- Through Self – discipline
- Be care with your choice of friends
Prayers: O lord, give us the grace to overcome corruption, in Jesus name. Amen.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- What is a goal
- What is Corruption?
- Mention the two types of goals that we have
- Write out three causes of Corruption.
- Explain how we can achieve our goals
- List three ways of overcoming corruption.
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about Moderation in Christian Life