Christian Religious Knowledge
.Proper Expression of Sexuality
- What is sexuality?
- Marriage is the proper place to express ones sexuality. Hebrew 13: 4
- Reasons for reserving sex for marriage. Songs of Solomon 3:5
- Benefits of expressing ones sexuality in marriage. Song of Solomon 3: 5, 8: 4 -7, Hebrew 13: 4.
Basic 6 / Primary Six
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of God make men and Women
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- say what is sexuality?
- explain that marriage is the proper place to express ones sexuality. Hebrew 13: 4
- say the reasons for reserving sex for marriage. Songs of Solomon 3:5
- mention the benefits of expressing ones sexuality in marriage. Song of Solomon 3: 5, 8: 4 -7, Hebrew 13: 4.
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
Teaching Methods :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Memory verse: Song of Solomon 3: 5
Bible references: Hebrew 13: 4, Song of Solomon 3: 5, 8: 4 -7, Hebrew 13: 4
Sexuality determines if someone is male or female.
It shows that if we are males or females
Reasons for Reserving Sex for Marriage
The following are reasons for reserving sex for marriage
- To honour God’s Word.
- It is the will of God
- To prevent unwanted pregnancy
- To prevent illegitimate child
- To prevent false marriage.
- To curb or eliminate adultery
Benefits of Expressing Ones Sexuality in Marriage
- Blessing of marriage.
- To produce Godly child.
- Strengthen relationship
- Boost communication
Prayers: O lord, thank you for creating us a male and female, in Jesus name. Amen.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- What is sexuality?
- Mention three Reasons for reserving sex for marriage.
- mention three Benefits of expressing ones sexuality in marriage
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about