Definition and Classification of Tuber Crops
Tuber crops are crops with swollen underground stems and roots. They store carbohydrates in their tubers.
They are majorly a source of food known as Carbohydrates.
Examples of tuber crops are:
Classification of Tuber Crops
Tuber Crops are classified into two groups. They are;
(i) Stem tubers: These are plants that produce their tubers from stem. E.g yam, Irish potato etc.
(ii) Root tubers: These have roots which swell greatly and become tuberous. E.g cassava, sweet potato, and carrot.
- What are tuber crops ?
- Tuber Crops are major source of _____________.
- State five examples of tuber crops.
- Tuber Crops are classified into how many ? ___.
- List the two classes of tuber crops______________ and ____________________.
- Which of the six classes of food is stored in tuber crops ? _______________________.