CLASS: PRIMARY 4 SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDY
TOPIC: SETTING UP A COMPUTER SYSTEM
To set up a computer system, you must unbox and unwrap your new computer and all of its components which are:
(a) The computer cables: A computer cable is one or more wires which are covered in plastic that transmits power or data between devices.
Types of Computer Cables
1. Power Cable: It supplies power to the system unit, monitor, printer etc.
2. USB Cable: It is used to connect other parts of the computer such as mouse, keyboard etc to the system unit.
3. Ethernet Cable: It is a network cable used on a wired network in an organization. This cable connects wired devices together to the local network for file sharing and Internet access.
(b) Parts of the Computer:
4. System Unit
5. Other devices e.g speaker, scanner etc
1. _________ cable connects other computer parts to the system unit
___________ cable connects wired devices together to the local network for file sharing and Internet access.
State three types of computer cables