Topic:- Properties of Living Things
- Living things are things which have life.
- Living things eat, grow, move and breathe.
- Living things can have babies and they die e.g. birds, goats, dogs, human-beings.
Topic:- Properties of Non-Living Things
- Non-living things are things which have no life.
- Non-living things cannot eat, grow and breathe.
- Non-living things do not have feelings, babies and they cannot die e.g. stone, car, clock etc.
Topic:- Condition of life and Growth of Plants (Light, Sunshine and Air)
- Plants are very important living things.
- Plants grow on land, in water and on other plants.
- Plants need air, water, warmth and sunshine for growth.
Topic:- Proper Condition of the Growth of Plants
- Most plants grow from seeds.
- Some plants grow from stem cuttings or underground stems.
- Some plants get their food from the ground, water or other plants.
- Plants also need good soil for proper growth.
- Without air, water, warmth, sunshine and good soil, plants will die.
Note: Planting of a bean seed was demonstrated during the previous lesson, the growth of the plant is being monitored by pupils.
The bean plants would be used to teach how plants get their food.
Topic:- What grows on the earth (Trees, Shrubs, Herbs)
- We see many kinds of plants every day.
- We can group them into three kinds.
- These are: Trees, Shrubs and Herbs.
Tree Shrub Herbs
Topic:- How soil is formed
- Soil comes from stone.
- Another name for stone is Rock.
- When rock is broken into small pieces we call it soil.
Topic:- Types of Soil
- The types of soil we have are:
Sandy, Clay and Loamy Soil.
- Humus or Compost.
- Sandy soil is made up of sand.
- Clay soil is made up of clay.
- Loamy soil is a mixture of sand and clay.
- Humus or compost is formed by decaying plants.
Loamy Soil Humus or Compost
Topic:- Types of Soil (rev.)
Revision of previous note
Topic:- General revision of all the topics covered
Class 2 Science Week 12/2 Topic:- Types of Soil (rev.)
(Visited 278 times, 1 visits today)