Right Attitudes To Work (Cont)
JSS 3 / BASIC 9
Previous lesson: Pupils have previous knowledge of
Right Attitudes To Work
that was taught in their previous lesson
Rewards of Right Attitudes Towards Work
Behavioural objectives: At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- List the rewards of right Attitudes to work
- Mention the results and consequences of not having the right attitude to work
- Mention and explain some of the right attributes of the right attitude towards work
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching:
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
What Does Benefits of Right Attitudes To Work Mean ?
It means that if you have a positive attitude towards your work, you will be rewarded for it. This could include things like recognition from your boss, a raise, or even a promotion. Having the right attitude towards work can make all the difference in your career.
Ten benefits of right attitude to work:
1. You will be more productive.
2. You will be happier.
3. Your work will improve.
4. You will get along better with your co-workers.
5. You will earn more money.
6. You will be less stressed.
7. You will have more energy.
8. You will be healthier.
9. You will live longer.
10. You will be more successful.
Rewards for the right Attitudes to work:
1. Recognition from your boss.
2. A raise.
3. A promotion.
4. Less stress.
5. More energy.
6. Better health.
7. A longer life expectancy.
8. Greater success .
9. Feeling happier
10. Being more productive
What is the meaning of attributes
Attributes simply refers to qualities or features that we have. Having good features is a good development as this will make us to develop positive hopeful attitude towards the ups and downs of lives.
Right Attitude To Work” means having the right attitude towards your job, and being willing to do what is necessary to get the job done. It means being positive and motivated, and being able to work well with others. Having the right attitude towards work can make a big difference in your career, and in your life.
Right attitudes towards good working environment
1. Be positive and motivated.
2. Believe in yourself and your abilities.
3. Be willing to work hard to achieve your goals.
4. Be a team player – work well with others.
5. Be punctual and reliable.
6. Follow instructions and take direction well.
7. Take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
8. Be proactive – don’t wait for things to happen, make them happen.
9. Be flexible and adaptable to change.
10. Have a good work ethic – do what it takes to get the job done right.
Attributes of the right attitude to work
4. Hard work
10. Good work ethic
Bad attitude towards work
It can mean a few different things. It could mean that someone is lazy and doesn’t want to do their job. It could also mean that someone is always complaining and has a negative outlook on everything. Sometimes, people with a bad attitude towards work are just difficult to get along with. Whatever the case may be, having a bad attitude towards work is not going to endear you to your boss or co-workers.
Consequences of bad attitude to work:
1. You could get fired.
2. You could be demoted.
3. You could miss out on a promotion.
4. You could receive poor performance reviews.
5. You could be passed over for assignments or projects.
6. Your work quality could suffer.
7. Your relationships with co-workers could suffer.
8. You could become isolated at work.
9. You could develop health problems due to stress.
10. You could end up hating your job.
Consequences of not having the right Attitudes to work:
1. You will be less productive.
2. You will be unhappy.
3. Your work will suffer.
4. You will have more conflict with your co-workers.
5. You will earn less money.
6. You will be more stressed.
7. You will have less energy.
8. You will be less healthy.
9. You will live shorter.
10. You will be less successful
The subject teacher introduces the new topic
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- What Does Benefits of Right Attitudes To Work Mean ?
- Mention four benefits of right attitude to work
- List five rewards for the right Attitudes to work
- Mention consequences of bad attitude to work:
The subject goes round to mark the pupil’s notes. He does the necessary corrections