Right Attitudes To Work
JSS 3 / BASIC 9
Previous lesson: Pupils have previous knowledge of
The constitution: Meaning and Types
that was taught in their previous lesson
The Right Attributes Towards Work
Behavioural objectives: At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Define work
- Explain attributes
- Mention and explain some of the right attributes of the right attitude towards work
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching:
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
What is the meaning of work ?
Work is what we do to earn a living. It is our means of livelihood. It is what we do so that people can repay us with money like wages or salaries. It is also known as job, career or profession.
What is the meaning of attributes
Attributes simply refers to qualities or features that we have. Having good features is a good development as this will make us to develop positive hopeful attitude towards the ups and downs of lives.
Right Attitude To Work” means having the right attitude towards your job, and being willing to do what is necessary to get the job done. It means being positive and motivated, and being able to work well with others. Having the right attitude towards work can make a big difference in your career, and in your life.
Write out ten right attitudes towards good working environment
1. Be positive and motivated.
2. Believe in yourself and your abilities.
3. Be willing to work hard to achieve your goals.
4. Be a team player – work well with others.
5. Be punctual and reliable.
6. Follow instructions and take direction well.
7. Take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
8. Be proactive – don’t wait for things to happen, make them happen.
9. Be flexible and adaptable to change.
10. Have a good work ethic – do what it takes to get the job done right.
Highlight ten attributes of the right attitude to work
4. Hard work
10. Good work ethic
The subject teacher introduces the new topic
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- Attitude simply means ______(a) behaviour (b) increase (a) altitude (d) increment
- Attitude is synonymous with ____(a) qualities (b) music (c) amount (d) promotion
- Attitude determines ___(a) altitude (b) class (c) position (d) feet
- ____ attitude promotes cordial working relationship and growth (a) right (b) left(c) centre (d) up
- _______ is the quality of being truthful and saying the truth always (a) Honesty (b) Punctuality (c) Rascality (d) Musical
- _______ is the best policy (a) Honesty (b) Bully (c) Hustle (d) Wickedness
- _______ is the ability of being able to do any job given to you with little or no supervision (a) Dependability (b) Discipline (c) Disciple (d) Divisibility
- _______ means getting to your place of work in good time (a) Regular (b) Punctuality (c) Satisfactory (d) Witness
- Punctuality means Regularity _______(a) True (b) False (c) Undecided (d) Not sure
- Punctuality means promptness _______(a) True (b) False (c) Undecided (d) Not sure
- What is the meaning of work ?
- What is the meaning of attributes
- Write out five right attitudes towards good working environment
- Highlight five attributes of the right attitude to work
The subject goes round to mark the pupil’s notes. He does the necessary corrections