Subject : Health Habits
Topic : Prevention of Diseases
Class : Nursery 1
Term : First Term
Week : Week 4
Instructional Materials :
- Pictures of various immunization programmes
- Samples of drugs are shown to the pupils
- Clinical Thermometer
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
Taking Care of Ourselves to Prevent Diseases
Behavioural Objectives : By the end of the lesson, the learners will be able to
- say how to prevent themselves from diseases
- say how to tell elders, parents or teachers when they are sick
If you want to prevent diseases , you must take the following precautions
You must go for immunization .
You must make sure that your hands are clean .
You fingernails must be cut short .
You must keep your hair neat or plait .
If you are a boy , you must cut your hair low .
Your rooms must be well ventilated .
You house must be keep clean .
If you are sick , your doctor may advise your parents to give you ORT / SS solution
There is a need for your parents to use insecticides to keep mosquitoes away
Treated mosquito nets may also be used . You can sleep under treated mosquito net to keep mosquitoes away
There is a need to de-worm regularly
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
,1.Can we drink ORT water when we are not feeling fine ? _______ ( True / False )
2. Can we use insecticides to keep mosquitoes away ? _____________ ( True , False )
3. Can children be allowed to go for immunization ? _______ ( True , False , Not sure )
4. Can we open our windows to allow fresh air in ? _____________ ( True , False )
5. Parents are supposed to keep sick children at home ______ _ ( True , False , Not sure )
6. Can washing your hands regularly cause disease ? _____________ ( True , False )
7 Can teacher give pupils small medicine like paracetamol ? _____________ ( True , False )
8. Can pupils be given de-worm drugs in school after making parents to be aware of it ? _____________ ( True , False )
9. Can sweeping our room neat everyday cause disease or illness ? _____________ ( True , False )
10 . can praying to God always cause disease or illness ? _____________ ( True , False )
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)