Subject : Health Habits
Topic : Immunization
Class : Nursery 1
Term : First Term
Week : Week 7
Instructional Materials :
- Pictures of various immunization programmes
- Samples of drugs are shown to the pupils
- Clinical Thermometer
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
First Term KG 2 Scheme of work
Behavioural Objectives : By the end of the lesson, the learners will be able to
- say how to prevent themselves from diseases
- say how to tell elders, parents or teachers when they are sick
Good Healthy Habits
You can maintain good health by practicing the following
,1. Always eat a meal that is adequate or balanced
2. Always drink good or clean water
3. Play safe
4. Exercise regularly
5. Take enough rest
6. Do not play rough or with sharp objects .
7. Do not put your hands in your nostrils .
8.Cover your mouth with tissue paper or arm when you sneeze
9. Do not play with sand .
10. Do not play with sharp objects
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
,1 .You can play with sand ? _______ ( True / False )
2. You can play with sharp objects ? _____________ ( True , False )
3. You can eat rotten fruits ? _______ ( True , False , Not sure )
4. You can eat boiled eggs ? _____________ ( True , False )
5. You can drink pure water from plastic bottles ______ _ ( True , False , Not sure )
6. Can you drink minerals or soft drinks three times in a day ? _____________ ( True , False )
7 . We must always drink juice instead of water ? _____________ ( True , False )
8. Can pupils be given de-worm drugs in school after making parents to be aware of it ? _____________ ( True , False )
9. Can sweeping our room neat everyday cause disease or illness ? _____________ ( True , False )
10 . Can little children drink alcohol ? _____________ ( True , False )
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)