COMMUNICATION, LANGUAGE AND LITERACY LESSONS
Making sentences with the right verb tense
Instructional Materials :
- Wall Charts
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught
that was treated during the last lesson
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- say the meaning of Verbs
- give examples of verbs
- use verbs in sentences
- identify verbs in sentences
In this lesson, you will write a present tense and a past tense, asking the children to use them in a sentence.
See/ saw Tell/ told Buy/ bought Hear/ heard Jump/ jumped
What did you see yesterday?
Yesterday, I saw a dog
what did your mummy tell you yesterday?
Yesterday, my mummy told me to —–
What did you eat yesterday Yesterday, I ate —–
What did you write yesterday? Yesterday, I wrote abc.
Yesterday, I saw a cat and I ran to my house.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
Guide the pupils to answer the following questions
When you ask the prompting question, allow the children to give you the response.
- What did you eat yesterday ? Yesterday I _________________________________
- What did you buy yesterday ? Yesterday I _________________________________
- What did you see yesterday ? Yesterday I _________________________________
- What did you say yesterday ? Yesterday I _________________________________
- What did you write yesterday ? Yesterday I _________________________________
The class teacher goes round to make sure that the pupils are actually writing and he or she corrects them when and where the need arises