- 1.The study of man and his interaction with his social and physical environments is———A. geographyB.social studies C.musicD.basic science
- Which of the following is not an example of physical environment? A. Hills B. LakeC. Family D. Oceans
- All BUT one of the following are the three areas / dimensions of social studies A. mountain B. science and technology C.physical environment D.social environment
- Social studies is the study of man in his——–A. social environmentB. physical environment C. environments D. technological environment
- Man influences his environment through the aid of A. valley and mountains B. technical expertise C. science D. science and technology
- _______ is made up of people of about the same age who do things in common in a society. A. Young people B. Age group C. School children D. Old people
- Nuclear family is common among the A.Muslims B. traditionalists C. religionists D. educated Africans and the Europeans
- Kinship relationship is often based on A. blood and marriage B. family and blood C. money and property D. age and achievement
- One of the ways by which one can become a member of a family is through A. kindness B. cooperation C. obedience D. birth
- Relationship by marriage is called ————- relationship. A. conjugal B. natal C. love D. friendship
- Which of the following is not acquired during the process of socialization? A. riches B. skills C. value D. knowledge
- The following are examples of moral responsibilities of the children at home EXCEPT ___________A. to respect elders B. to help their parents with house chores C. to use vulgar language
- The most important function of the family is _______ A. living together B. doing things in common C. reproduction of human race
- Primary social group include _________ A. family, kinship and age-group B. father, mother and children C. kingship, peer group and family D. school, kinship and clubs
- Family is the smallest unit of an organization. True or False
- Which of the following is not an aspect of culture? A. IdentityB. ReligionC. MusicD. Values.
- The following are parts of culture except A. dancing B. dressing C. transportationD. food.
- The most important aspect of culture that is used to identify a group of people is——A. drink B. house C.language D. food.
- Cutlass, spear, clothing are examples of A. material cultureB. non material cultureC. cultural relativity D. weapons.
- Folklores are for entertainment alone. Yes or No.
- ‘Culture is dynamic’ means culture A. changes gradually B. is strong C. is stagnantD. is static
- The material aspects of culture A. can be seen and touched B. cannot be seen and touchedC. can be eatenD. cannot be handled
- ______ is the total way of life. A. Socialization B. Culture C. IdentityD. Language
- All but one of the following are components of culture A. it is not inbornB. it is dynamic C.it is not acquired D. it is a collective experience of a community or a group of people
- All of the following are examples of non-material culture except A. pot B. cloth C. folklore D. comb
- Which of the following statement is true? A. There is one culture in the whole world B. There are cultures based on the number of countries in the whole world C. There are cultures as there are many continents in the world D. There are many cultures as there the numbers of communities in the world
- Which of the following does not belong to the group? A. Obas B. Emirs C. Imams D. Obis
- Nuclear family is a common feature of all cultures in Nigeria? Yes or No
- One of the following is not a cultural similarity in Nigeria A. Language B. Occupation C. Political system D. Age grade
- ____________ implies that there is deep feelings for one another in all culture of Nigeria A. Age grade B. Respect C. Communal living D. System of marriage
- Which of the following is not a socializing process? A. direct teaching B. incidental learning C. role learning D. learning from model
- ‘Socialization takes place from cradle to grave’. This means that socialization occurs A. at childhood stage B. during adolescence C. from birth to death D. at adolescent stage
- A doctor that becomes a king will learn a new role through A. the priest B. learning from models C. role learning D. education
- The process of acquiring languages, values and belief of a society is A. socialization B. education C. development D. modernization
- A child learns new attitude and skills through A. imitation B. memorizing C. ignorance D. carelessness
- The agent of socialization that lays emphasis on the moral upbringing of the people is called A. mass media B. secret cult C. religious organization D. family
- The primary agent of socialization is the A. family B. peer group C. church D. mosque
- Mass media as one of the agents of socialization is responsible for the following except A. entertainment of the masses B. control of people’s movement C. provision of information to people D. education of the citizens
- All the following are negative effects of socialization except A. delinquency B. illiteracy C. dishonesty D. education
- One of the following is not a voluntary organization A. Boys Scout B. Rotary Club C.nursing D. Red Cross
- Which of these behaviour may not promote love relationships A. Aggressiveness B. Good communication C. tolerance D. sharing and caring
- Friendship could be defined as _____________ A. a state of being cruel to others B. a state of being emotionally attached to someone you like C. a state of fighting one another D. a state of having one only when things are good.
- ___________ is a way of improving friendship. A. Disagreeing with each other B. Exchange of gifts C. Making trouble D. Quarrelling
- The following factors could destroy friendship EXCEPT __________ A. betrayal of trust B. gossiping C. honest D. selfishness
- Which of these is NOT a place of making friends? A. Religious institutions B. Social clubs C. Workplace D. Hole
- The following are behaviours that enhances friendship except……. A. honesty B. trust C. loyalty D. malice E. respect
- All of these are qualities of a good friends except……… A. forgiveness B. selfishness C. sharing D. keeping confidence E. love
- An individual who has made the wrong choice of friends may develop all of the following except. __________ A. stealing B. respect C. truancy D. arrogance E. honesty
- The agents of socialization do not includes ____________ A. mass media b. peer group C. religious institution D. home E. market
- All the following are qualities of love except ____ A. showing respect B. companionship C. commitment D. understanding. E. hated
- Define socialization
- List the agents of socialization and explain any three.
- Mention two positive effects of socialization.
- a. What is culture?
b.List four components of culture.
- Briefly explain the features of culture.
- From fig. 2, state Sola’s relationship with Segun, Tope, Ijeoma and Tony.
- List and explain briefly, the types of family we have.
1. What is Social Studies?
2. Explain briefly why man’s environments are social and physical
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)