PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- History of judo
- Importance of Judo
PRIMARY FIVE (5)
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Palm oil
- Vegetable oil
Instructional Materials :
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught
Characteristics of nutrition deficient Person
in their previous lesson
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Say the history of judo.
- Explain the importance of judo
HISTORY OF JUDO IN NIGERIA
JUDO is a combat sport used for self – defense. The aim of judo is to make the opponent unable to continue fighting.
Judo was introduced to Nigeria in 1972 and in 1973. Nigeria participated in Judo event during the all Africa Games in Lagos. In 1993, the Nigeria Judo Federation was formed.
Judo is the Japanese model of modern wrestling. People who practiced judo sport are called JUDOKAS OR JUDOISTS.
IMPORTANCE OF JUDO
- It develop mental alertness
- It is a good physical fitness sport
- It is use as entertainment
- It provides employment
- Money is been generated through the sport.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- What is Balanced diet?
- Explain the History of judo in Nigeria
- Write out four Importance of Judo.
The teacher summarize the lesson. He or she gives out a board summary of the topic as note . He or she goes round to mark and does the necessary corrections
(Visited 181 times, 2 visits today)