INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
ADVANTAGES AND USES OF COMPUTER NETWORK
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- define word processing
- give examples of word processing packages
- list the uses of word processing packages
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- A Desktop computer or Laptop
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
What is a word Processor ?
A word processor is a computer program that is used by a computer user to input text words, edit, format, print or save documents Almost every general purpose computer comes with a word process application ,
Examples of Word Processor application .
The most common word processor application that is popular nowadays is the Microsoft Word Processor .Other examples of word processor applications are The WPS , WordPerfect (Windows only), Google Doc, AppleWorks (Mac only), and OpenOffice.org.
Uses and Benefits of Using a Word Processor Application
- It is faster than writing .
- Work that is done with word processor application is always neater than the one that is done with ordinary hand writing.
- Work that is done on word processor can be saved and be retrieved later when the need arise .
- Word processor app comes with tools like grammar check or spelling check which makes writing easier , faster and better .
- Word processor makes it easier to print documents .
How To Open Microsoft Word on a Computer
- Boot your computer system
- Wait for the computer to be fully power on
- Click on the start menu
- Locate the Microsoft Word app from the list of installed app on the computer system
- Double click on the word icon to open it
Important Toolbars On Microsoft Word
- The application toolbar
- Quick access toolbar
- The search toolbar
- The thumbnail toolbar
Icons on Microsoft Word
- Show/Hide etc
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- What is a word processor
- Give three examples or word processor software or app
- Give three benefits of using a Microsoft word app
- Write out the steps that are involved in opening Microsoft word on a laptop or computer
Prepare for the next lesson by reading more about computer word processing skills