INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
DEFINITION AND TYPES OF NETWORK TOPOLOGY
ADVANTAGES AND USES OF COMPUTER NETWORK
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- SAY THE ADVANTAGES AND USES OF COMPUTER NETWORK
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- A Desktop computer of Laptop
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Advantages of Computer Networking
It enhances communication and availability of information. …
It allows for more convenient resource sharing. …
It makes file sharing easier. …
It is highly flexible. …
It is an inexpensive system. …
It increases cost efficiency. …
It boosts storage capacity.
Uses of Computer Networks
The computer networks are playing an important role in providing services to large organizations as well as to the individual common man.
Service Provided by the Network for Companies:
- Many organizations have a large number of computers in operation. These computers may be within the same building, campus, city or different cities.
- Even though the computers are located in different locations, the organizations want to keep track of inventories, monitor productivity, do the ordering and billing etc.
- The computer networks are useful to the organizations in the following ways:
- Resource sharing.
- For providing high reliability.
- To save money.
- It can provide a powerful communication medium.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- Write out two advantages of computer network
- Write out two disadvantages of computer network
- Mention four uses of computer network
Prepare for the next lesson by reading more about computer word processing
(Visited 289 times, 1 visits today)