FIRST TERM E-LEARNING NOTE
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
CLASS: JSS 1
Week : Week 10
TOPIC : COMMON CRIMES OF RAPE AND MURDER
Previous Knowledge : Pupils are conversant with some of the previous topics that have been taught in the previous lessons most especially Common Crimes: 419, Embezzlement
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson , pupils should be able to
- explain the meaning of rape
- give reasons why people get themselves involved in such evil nasty and barbaric act
- recommend punishment for rape offenders
- know that crime does not pay
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
COMMON CRIMES RAPE AND MURDER
Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse, which is initiated by one or more persons against another person without that person’s consent. It is any form of unwanted sexual behavior that is forcefully imposed on someone. It is also an unlawful way of compelling a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
This occurs when one human being unlawfully kills another human being e.g homicide. The unlawful killing of one human being by another especially with premeditated malice. The intentional killing or the malicious murder of another person e.g. Homicide.
CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF RAPE AND MURDER
- Lack of contentment
- Unemployment, poverty and financial
- Low self esteem, alcohol and drug abuse.
- Psychological effect.
- Crime can lead to drop out from school, thereby leading to illiteracy.
- Insecurity in the country.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up by giving the pupils a board summary of the whole topic and he goes round to mark. He or She also does the necessary corrections .
- The term rape is sometimes used interchangeably with the term ______________
A Love B Sexual assault C Indiscipline D. Failure
2. One of the effect of rape is _____
A. Prevention B. Employment C. Fear D. psychological effect
3. ___________ occurs when one human being unlawfully kills another human being
A. Rape B. Murder C. Malice D. Killing
4. One of these is not the cause of crime
A. Contentment B. Unemployment C. Indiscipline D. Poverty
5. A woman that is not contented can engage in ___________
A. Hawking B. Stealing C. Terrorism D. Juvenile
TAKE HOME ASSIGNMENT
1. Define the term ‘rape’
2. List 5 causes and effects of rape and Murder