Physical And Health Education (PHE)
BENEFITS OF HAVING GOOD FRIENDS- MENTAL AND SOCIAL HEALTH
Primary 6 / Basic 6
Second Term / 2nd Term
Instructional Materials :
- Wall Posters
- Related Online Videos
- Role Playing
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
MENTAL AND SOCIAL HEALTH – Meaning of self-understanding.
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- say the importance of social interactions
- explain the benefits of inter dependence
- highlight the importance of having good friends
- say the good side of social life
The ability to choose good friends is one of the key factors in becoming a real self in life.
They say show me your friend and i will tell you who you are because friends of the same feathers flight together.
If you mingle with five intelligent pupils and you interact with them very well , soon you will soon become the sixth brilliant pupil.
If you mingle or interact with five dull pupils and you play rough a lot of time with them , if care is not taken , you will soon be the sixth dull pupils because you will be reasoning and be behaving like the other five dull pupils.
Friends can influence us either negatively or positively
Needs For Choosing Good Friends
- If we have good friends, and we read and learn together , soon our academic performance in school will improve
- Your problems will be solved by yielding to good advice from your friends
- Our character will change for the good
- You will enjoy good things of life like sports, parties, birthdays and jokes.
- Positive vibes , thoughts and mentality will always be our guiding principles
- You will worry less.
- You will be healthy mentally
- It will boost your happiness
- You will be able to cope with traumas such as sickness, death of loved ones.
- He or she will encourage you to change and avoid unhealthy life styles like excessive drinking, smoking, drug abuse
- .It will not allow you to engage in any criminal activities like stealing and cheating
Social interaction is an exchange between two or more individual.
A social interaction is an exchange between two or more individuals and is a building block of society. Social interaction can be studied between groups of
three (triads) or
larger social groups.
By interacting with one another, people design rules, institutions and systems within which they seek to live.
Social group is the product of social interaction. Just like there is interaction among animals like birds, we human we also like to interact with each other because we are social being.
FORMS OF SOCIAL INTERACTION
The most common forms of social interaction are
1.exchange, eg trading , service etc
2.competition, eg sports , academic , position ,
3.conflict, eg fight , quarrel , misunderstanding
- cooperation, like working with others to get things done
accommodation. eg tolerance , perseverance etc
Importance of Social Interaction
- There will be peace and harmony in the society
Our voice will be heard.
People will be able to fulfill our basic needs when we lack some. Like food, shelter.
It make us more knowledgeable.
It makes one feel loved and live longer and health life.
It creates an avenue for fun.
It makes us feel acceptable.
It improves our brain function.
It kills fear from us.
It makes us interact well with other people.
It brings out our social traits in us.
It reduces suicide, mental illness.
It solves our emotional problems
It helps us to develop our purpose in life.
Interdependence is the condition of a group of people or things that all depend or rely on each other.
Marriage create a state of interdependence between husband and wife. It is a type of interdependence where by both couples have trust and full confidence in each other.
Plant and animals needs each other.
A country depends on another country for something and that country may depend on another country like importing and exporting of goods and services.
BENEFITS FROM INTERDEPENDENCE
It create less fear.
We share relationship together.
It brings about meaningful association.
It build trust.
It encourage commitments between people and friends.
It helps us to tolerate one another
It gives room for open communication
It helps us to understand and treat people very well.
It leads to meaningful personal and professional relationship.
It helps in the production of effective and efficient services.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- What is interdependence
- What is social interaction
- Mention Three types of social interaction
- Write out four benefits of having good friends
- what does ” Show me your friends and i will tell you who you are ” mean ?
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about
(Visited 116 times, 1 visits today)