Class: Basic 5
Subject: Basic Science and Technology
Topic: Common diseases (Contagious and non-contagious diseases.)
Some of the common diseases include cough, kwashiorkor, ring worm, measles, chicken pox, meningitis, scabies, diarrhea and dysentery, etc
Some of these diseases are contracted through :
I. Air borne;
II. Water borne;
III. Sexual intercourse;
IV. Blood transfusion;
Contagious diseases are diseases that are infectious and can passed from one person to another through contact.
Examples of contagious diseases are tuberculosis, measles, chicken pox, small pox, HIV/Aids, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Apollo, etc.
Non contagious diseases are diseases that cannot be contracted through contact.
Examples of non contagious diseases are malaria, fever, kwashiorkor, diarrhoea and dysentery, etc.
- What are contagious diseases?
- Mention four examples of contagious diseases.
- State three ways through which diseases can be contracted.
- ___________________ is a disease that cannot be contracted through contact with infected persons.
- Give two examples of non-contagious diseases.