DATE: FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2020.
CLASS: PRIMARY 4 SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDY
TOPIC: BOOTING THE COMPUTER SYSTEM
Booting is the process of switching on the computer system.
The first page that appears on the screen of the monitor after booting the computer is called desktop.
Ways of Booting
There are two ways of booting a computer system, they are:
(a) Cold Booting:
This is when you are just switching on the computer system for use.
(b) Warm Booting:
This is the process of restarting a computer system. We warm boot when a system is not responding to command or hanging.
We can also warm boot by pressing these three keys on the keyboard (Ctrl + Alt + Del) to restart it.
- The process of switching on the computer system is called _____________
(a) switching (b) powering (c) booting
- When your system stops responding to command you ______________
(a) cold boot it (b) warm boot it (c) boot it continuously
- What will you do if your computer system is not working effectively?
(a) abandon it (b) restart it (c) hit the computer
- The first page that appear when you switch on your computer is called a ________
(a) screen (b) desktop (c) icons
- The shortcut for warm booting is _______
(a) Alt + Del + Ctrl (b) Shift + Alt + Del (c) Ctrl + Alt + Del
- Define booting? _______________
- State two ways of booting a computer