Meaning of corruption
FIRST TERM E-LEARNING NOTE
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
CLASS: JSS 2
Meaning of corruption
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: Pupils have previous knowledge of
Implications and effects of Drug Abuse
At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
- say the meaning of corruption
- mention forms of corruption
- Write out the causes of corruption
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
METHODS OF TEACHING:
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Corruption is a form of dishonest or unethical conduct by a person entrusted with a position of authority, often to acquire personal benefit.
Corruption may include many activities including bribery and embezzlement, though it may also involve practices that are legal in many countries.
Government, or ‘political’, corruption occurs when an office-holder or other governmental employee acts in an official capacity for personal gain.
Forms of corruption
- In the private sector, staff in charge of finances may embezzle the company’s money.
- Corruption is also very common in the award of contracts.
- Bribery is another form of corruption.
- Advanced free fraud (491)
Causes of corruption
- Excessive attachment to material wealth
- Breakdown in societal values
- Economic situation of a nation
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- What is corruption?
- Briefly explain the various forms of corruption that you know.
- What are the causes of corruption?
- Briefly talk about the agencies responsible for tackling corruption in Nigeria
- Explain what you understand by drug abuse.
- List FIVE Implication or Effects of Drug Abuse?
- In your own words, explain how a family is affected by drug abuse?
- Is there a difference between drug abuse and drug dependence? Briefly explain.
- List and explain some forms of drug abuse that you know.
- What are some of the causes of drug abuse that you know?
The class teacher wraps up or concludes the lesson by giving out a short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she makes the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
More Similar Links:
- Define ” Group Behaviour”
- DRUG TRAFFICKING
- Drug Abuse
- Implications and effects of Drug Abuse
- ROLES OF GOVERNMENT AGENCIES IN COMBATING FINANCIAL CRIMES AND CORRUPTION
- Meaning and Causes of Cultism
- Meaning and Reasons for Group Behaviour
- Common Abuses That Children and Minors Are Subject To
- GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF SOCIAL STUDIES
- SOCIAL STUDIES JSS 2 FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
BUSINESS STUDIES SCHEME OF WORK JSS 2 THIRD TERM
JSS 2 Second Term Examination Agricultural Science
About The Author
A very passionate teacher with interest in technology