Third Term Lesson Note
Junior Secondary School
SUBJECT: BUSINESS STUDIES
CLASS: JSS 1 (BASIC 7)
SCHEME OF WORK
- Revision of Last term’s work.
- Pitman Shorthand (Consonants): (i) Meaning of consonants (ii) Basic shorthand principles (iii) the first six groups. (iv) Joining of consonants. (v) Phrasing (vi) Punctuation marks.
- Pitman Shorthand (Consonants and Vowels): Consonants and Vowels – (i) Second group of consonants (f, v, th, Th, s, z, sh, zh) (ii) first place vowel (above the line). (iii) third place vowel (through the line).
- Introduction to Keyboarding: (i) The meaning of keyboarding (ii) The importance of keyboarding (iii) Correct sitting posture for keyboarding.
- Parts of the Typewriter: (i) Meaning of typewriter. Typewriter parts. (ii) Uses of parts of the typewriter.
- Parts of a Computer Keyboard: (i) Parts of the Computer keyboard. (ii) Uses (functions) of parts of the computer keyboard. (iii) Similarities between the typewriter and computer keyboards.
- Care of the Typewriter and the Computer: (i) Care of the typewriter. (ii) Care of the Computer.
- Getting ready to Keyboard: (i) International paper sizes used in keyboarding. (ii) The keyboard rows: Top, Upper, Home, Nottem. (iii) Divisions of the keyboard. – Left hand side, Right hand side.
- Getting ready to Keyboard: (iv) Correct finger position on keys. (v) Correct paper insertion and removal in/from typewriter. (vi) Setting margins and line space regulator. (vii) Type faces on a typewriter: – Pica, Elite.
- Learning the keyboard: (i) Correct finger position on the home keys. (ii) Correct finger movement on the home keys (iii) Correct ways for positions on the: Home Row, Upper Row, Top Row. (iv) Correct finger position and movement for special characters and figures.
- JSS 1 REVISION EXAMS QUESTIONS THIRD TERM BUSINESS STUDIES
12. JSS 1 EXAMS QUESTIONS THIRD TERM BUSINESS STUDIES