SECOND TERM E-LEARNING NOTES
JS 1 (BASIC 7)
SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
SCHEME OF WORK
- Classification of crops based on the life cycle
- Classification of crops based on uses (a) food crops (b) oil, spices, latex beverages, fibre ,etc. (c) As sources of nutrient: Carbohydrates, proteins, fat/oil, minerals and vitamins
- Ecological distribution of crops/factors affecting distribution of crops in Nigeria (Map of Nigeria required).
- Forms of farm animals e.g. work animal, diary animal, guard animal, poultry bird ,etc.
- Forms of farm animals (cont’d)
- Classification of farm animals based on-Habitat-Aquatic and terrestrial, Mammals and Non-Mammals.
- Classification of farm animals based on Digestive system-Ruminants and Non-Ruminants.
- Characteristics of farm animals e.g. Cattle, Goat, Sheep, Pig, Poultry, Rabbit.
- Breeds of farm animals, e.g. Cattle, Goat, Sheep, Pig, Poultry, Rabbit.
- Uses of farm animals – Food, Work, Income, etc.
- Ecological distribution/ factors affecting distribution of animals in Nigeria.