Christian Religious Knowledge CRS / CRK
Class: Basic One
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of Christianity because some of them have been going to churches and are familiar with church activities
Topic: Who is a Christian
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
1. explain in a statement who a Christian is.
2. identify the type of books used by Christians.
3. mention the founder of Christianity
4. Say the days of worship of Christians
5. Mention the place where Christians worship
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- The Holy Bible
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
The word Christian was first used in Antioch, when the people of Antioch
observed the lives of the disciples and it was like that of Christ hence they were
called Christian meaning “Christ like”
Who is a Christian?
A Christian is a person who believes that Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world
and allows Christ to reign in his heart.
The Holy Bible is the book used by Christian and they read it everyday because it
contains the word and instruction for them from God.
We must read our bible and pray everyday if we want to grow . Christianity was originated by Jesus Christ, He originated Christianity by dying for
everyone. The followers of Jesus Christ are called Christians .
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- Explain the meaning of Christianity
- Mention four names of people that are Christians in your class
- Write out first book of the holy Bible in the old testament
- What is prayer
- Define a Christian
- The Bible is used by Christian True/False
- Who started Christianity?
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about
Good and bad Christian