FIRST TERM E-LEARNING NOTE
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
CLASS: JSS 1
Week : Week 12
Revision/Examination CIVIC EDUCATION CLASS: JSS 1
Previous Knowledge : Pupils are conversant with some of the previous topics that have been taught in the previous lessons most especially Common Crimes: Rape and Murder
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson , pupils should be able to
- explain the meaning of drug Abuse
- give reasons why people abuse drugs
- mention examples of drugs that are commonly abused
- suggest ways by which government can curb the sales , circulation and production of fake and substandard drugs
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Answer the following Questions
Part A Objectives
- What is Crime?
- Define the terms rape and murder.
- Mention five causes of crime.
- State four effects of crime on the society.
- _____________ ca be defined as a ritual practice by a group of people
- Teenage pregnancy B. Social issue C. Cultism D. Sexual act
- _______________ is the wrongful and excessive intake of drugs
- Welfare of others B. Child Abuse C. Drug Abuse D. Food Abuse
- Crime can be prevented through ________________
- Praying B. Singing C. Agricultural development D. Embezzlement
- ______________ is not a solution to crime
- Employment B. Poverty C. Bad value system D. Murder
- Nations with a high incidence of fraud include ___________ and ________________
- Ghana & Lagos B. Togo & France C. Nigeria & USA D. Turkey and serial Leone
- _______ is the emotional attachment a person has for a group of persons.
A. Friendship B. Hatred C. Caring D. Focus
- When people work together economically and politically, there will be ____.
A. transgression B. confusion C. progress D. riots
- A broom sweeps better as a bunch and not as a separate entity shows _____.
A. equality B. team spirit C. brooms D. co-operation
- ______is the ability to reason with the view of an opponent.
A. Observation B. Discipline B. Tolerance D. Honesty
- ______ is the act of working together to achieve a common goal.
A. Promotion B. Sharing C. Co-operation D. Tolerance
- One of the effect of rape is _____
A. Prevention B. Employment C. Fear D. psychological effect
- List four country that records the highest incidence of fraud.
- List and explain solution of crime in the nation.
- Explain briefly on two benefits of co-operation.
- Mention three attributes of co-operation.
- . Define the term ‘rape’