Personal Hygiene Health Issues Care of Clothes
Basic 4/Primary 4
Instructional Materials :
- Bathing pail
- Types of special clothes
- Different samples of uniform
- Samples of male clothing and female clothing
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught how to take care of their bodies in the previous lesson
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Say how to maintain personal Hygiene and cleanliness
- Mention why people wear clothes
- Explain how to maintain cleanliness of our clothes
- Online Resource Materials
- Various Textbooks on Civic Education Book 4
- Lagos State Upper Primary Scheme of Work For Primary 4
Personal Hygiene deals with the way we personal take care of our body. We can take care of our body by
- Brushing our teeth at least twice a day
- Taking our bath daily and regularly
- Combing our hair
- Making sure that our fingernails are well trimmed or cut short
- Making sure that our school shoes are cleaned and well polished
- Making sure that our clothes are always neat and well ironed
Personal hygiene involves brushing our teeth at least ____________ a day.
d) four times
Taking a bath daily and regularly helps us maintain ____________.
a) dirty skin
c) colorful clothes
To care for our body, we should make sure our ____________ are well trimmed or cut short.
Properly washed and sun-dried clothes help us look ____________.
We wear clothes to cover our ____________.
Why do we wear clothes
- We wear clothes to cover our nakedness
- We wear clothes to beautify our bodies
- We wear special clothes for special events or celebrations
- Police and nurses wear uniforms for easy identification and smartness
- Students wear uniforms to school for identification
- Pastors and Imams wear special clothes for religious purposes
How To Take Care Of Our Clothes
- Our clothes must be properly washed and sun dry
- Our clothes must be well ironed to make them look smart on us
- Never wear clothes that are not well dried as they tend to smell when we put them on
- Loose parts of our clothes must be properly stitched or sewn
- Faded or torn clothes must be disposed of
- Wear clothes that cover most parts of your private parts as skimpy or short shirts may expose you
Why is it important to brush our teeth at least twice a day?
How does taking a bath regularly contribute to personal hygiene?
Name one way to take care of your clothes other than washing and ironing.
What should you do if you have clothes that are faded or torn?
Explain why wearing clothes is essential for people.
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1: The class teacher revises the previous topics
Step 2. He introduces the new topic
Step 3: The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
Mention Four Reasons For Wearing Clothes
- Personal hygiene deals with the way we take care of our ________.
- We should brush our teeth at least ________ a day.
- Taking a bath daily helps us maintain ________.
- Fingernails should be well trimmed or cut ________.
- Clothes must be properly washed and ________.
- Clothes must be well ________ to look smart on us.
- We wear clothes to cover our ________.
- Police and nurses wear uniforms for easy ________.
- Students wear uniforms to school for ________.
- Pastors and Imams wear special clothes for ________ purposes.
- Loose parts of our clothes must be properly ________ or sewn.
- Faded or torn clothes should be ________ of.
- Clothes that cover most parts of our private parts help to maintain our ________.
- Clothes that are not well dried tend to ________ when we put them on.
- To maintain personal hygiene, it’s essential to comb our ________.
The class teacher gives a brief note and he goes round to mark
Read about different clothes that are suitable for different weather conditions