Date: Tuesday, 21st April, 2020.
Class: Basic 4.
Subject: Social Studies
Topic: Distribution of Natural Resources.
REASONS WHY GOODS ARE DISTRIBUTED
We can not make everything we need for ourselves, therefore we rely on other people who make other things we need.
Surplus goods are sold to places where they have shortage.
LIST OF GOODS BROUGHT TO/ FROM OUR COUNTRY OR COMMUNITY
1. Goods brought to our country i.e. imported goods shoes, cars, machine,
2. Goods taken to other countries from our country like cotton, leather, rubber,
cocoa, crude oil, etc.
HOW GOODS ARE DISTRIBUTED?
Good are distributed from :
1. Farm to market.
2. From cities to villages.
3. From villages to cities.
4. From South to North, East and West, vice versa.
5. From one country to another.
BY WHOM ARE GOODS DISTRIBUTED NOWADAYS?
1. Businessmen or distributors.
2. Merchants, trader or retailers.
WHAT ARE PROBLEMS Of DISTRIBUTION OF GOODS AND SERVICES?
1. Bad roads.
2. High cost of transportation.
4. Finding the right people to work with.
5. High taxes.
6. Too much of middlemen.
7. Area boys.
8. Storage facilities.
Answer the following questions:
1.) Explain why goods are distributed.
2.) List 5 goods produced in Nigeria.
3.) List 5 goods produced
4.) Explain how and by whom goods are distributed.
5.) List Five problems of distribution of goods and services.