Cultural and Creative Arts JSS 3 First Term Lesson Notes
1ST TERM E-LEARNING NOTES
Weekly Lesson Plan With Lesson Notes
JS 3 (BASIC 9)
SUBJECT: CULTURAL & CREATIVE ARTS
SCHEME OF WORK
- Revision of JSS two work. JSS 2 Revision TEST Cultural And Creative Art
- Elements of Dance Drama (a) Elements of Dance Drama:- (i) Plot (ii)Characterization (iii)Spectacle (iv) Music (v)Sound (vi) Action (vii) Dance (viii) Setting.
- TRADITIONAL NIGERIAN ART: (a) Examples of Nigerian Traditional Art:-Nok, Igbo Ukwu, Ife, (b) Areas in Nigeria Associated with traditional Art works:- Benin, Tsoede, Esie, Ibeji, Mbari, Ibibio, Leather, Calabash, Pottery,Brass, (c) Functions of Nigerian Traditional Art (d) Reasons for preserving Art.
- NIGERIA CONTEMPORARY ART AND ARTISTS (a) Nigerian Contemporary Arts. (b) Contributions of First Generation artists: Aina Onabolu, Akinola Lasekan, Ben Enweonwu, Mrs Esto –Ngudaga Ugwu,Felix Ekeada, Ladi Kwali, Bruce Onobrakpeya , Yusuf Grillo ,Denas Nwoko, Ben Ekanem, Ogbnnaya Nwagbara , Ganiyi Oguntokun Jerry Buhari , Lamidi Fakeye , Obiora Odechukwu, Lucas Bentu
- DRAWING AND SHADING. (STILL-LIFE AND NATURE DRAWING). – life and nature) : (a) Drawing of man- made objects . (b)Using the elements and principles of art in drawing (proportion ,balance ,and forms)
- Natural objects: Plants, Animals, Fruits and vegetables Shading Techniques: Hatching, Cross hatching, Blurring (rubbing), pointillism : (c) Natural objects – Plant , Animals, Fruit ,Vegetable ,(d) Shading techniques : Hatching ,Cross hatching , Blurring (Rubbing) ,Pointillism (e) Light and Shade.
- Techniques of life drawing, study the model, study form and shapes, measuring, composition of figure on paper proportion. ( life – figure) : (a) The human figure (b) Techniques of drawing studying the model –study forms and shapes, Measuring ,Compostion of figure on paper proportion . (c) Viewing: Front view, Back view, ¾ View
- PRINCIPLES OF PERSPECTIVE Drawing and Painting (Landscape ) and imaginative Composition:(a) Perspective: Arrangement of object to create depth and distance .Nearer objects appear bigger and clearer- distant objects appear smaller and less clearer. (b) Types of perspective . Aerial perspective
- DRAWING AND PAINTING OF LANDSCAPE Drawing and Painting (Landscape) and imaginative Composition :(c) Term associated with perspective- Vanishing point ,Picture plane ,Horizion ,eye level, etc. (d) Drawing painting of landscapes .(e) Imaginative composition in colour- market scene , festivals in my School , Abstract.
- Examinations JSS 3 CREATIVE AND CULTURAL ART .