Subject : Civic Education
Topic : Myself
Class : Nursery 1
Term : First Term
Week : Week 3
Instructional Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
Behavioural Objectives : By the end of the lesson, the learners will be able to
- ask questions and express themselves easily
- develop and show listening and attention skills
Simple expression is the ability to express oneself in simple correct English language . Pupils should be able to develop rapt listening and attention skill . The facial expression of smile is necessary to show that pupils are listening and attentive .
Pupils must be encourage tho show their emotions , feelings , angers or whatever emotions they have when they relate with each other and it may be in any way or forms .
Some pupils find delight in expressing themselves in forms of art , music , drama or imitating other pupils or teachers .
When given the conducive environment and confidence , learners develop ability to be more relaxed and friendly with their teachers and other pupils in the classroom .
Things To Note
- Pupils become more attentive and active in classrooms when they are given the opportunity to express themselves
- Teacher may encourage pupils to write their thought , feelings or ideas down as some pupils are more inclined to writing rather than speaking
- Pupils may be encourage to make pictures of their expression like smiling faces , angry faces , laughing faces etc
- Let the learners acknowledge their emotions as it is normal for humans to have emotions
- Write about your feelings
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- Pupils are you happy ?
- Pupils are you sad ?
- Sing songs of AM HAPPY
- Good morning my friend , my name is __________
- Good morning my neighbour , how are you doing ?
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
(Visited 93 times, 1 visits today)