JSS 1 / Basic 7
CURBING CULTISM IN SCHOOL
Term : Third Term
Week : Week 5
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
CURBING EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN SCHOOL
which was the topic that was taught during the last lesson
Behavioural Objectives : By the end of the lesson, the learners should be able to
- say the meaning of examination cultism
- mention causes of cultism
- list the effects of cultism in schools
A cult is a set of secret thoughts , beliefs or ideas that are strongly uphold by a set or group of people .
Most things that cult members do are always done in the dark or in the secret .
Most or the activities of cult members are very diabolic , evil and dangerous.
Cult members are always feared by members of the society .
Cultists are a bunch of people with dangerous belief
Examples of cult groups in Nigerian schools
- The pirates
Characteristics of Cult Members
- They have special ranks in the occult world
- They communicate using special symbols , code or colour
- They are mostly very violent
- They are treat to members of the society
- Cult members are always initiated through special occasion like beating the new members and blind folding them
Why some Nigerian Students Join Cultism
- Promise of better life after graduation
- Political powers or networking
- Some other students are lured into cultism because of fear or intimidation
- Protection from other rivalry cult groups of members
- Crave for power
- Search for love
- Desire for security
- Influence from bad friends
Effects and consequences of cultism in schools;;
- problem of maintain discipline
- breakdown of laws and order
- bullying and abuse of fundamental human rights
- fall in standard of education
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- What is cultism
- Mention two characteristics of a cult guy
- Mention four examples of cult groups in Nigeria
- List four reasons why some students join cult in Nigerian schools
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
2 CRIME PREVENTION
3 PREVENTION OF CRIME IN THE SCHOOL
4 CURBING EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN SCHOOL
(Visited 84 times, 1 visits today)