CHRISTMAS TERM EXAMINATION 2020/2021 SESSION
SUBJECT: ENGLISH LANGUAGE TIME: 1 HOUR
CLASS: GRADE 2
NAME OF PUPIL____________________________________ DATE __________
HOW DO WE MOVE?
Our bodies are very clever. Everything has a job to do; from our brain to our bones and our ear to our eyelashes.
Our brain is like a computer. It tells us what to move and how to do it, even our eyebrows.
Our heart pumps the blood around our body. This takes oxygen and other things we need to every part of our body. Put your hand on your chest. Can you feel your heart beating?
Our skeleton is like a frame. It holds our body in shape. It is moved by our muscles, which do what our brain tells them. We need energy to move.
Answer the following questions
1. What is our brain like?_________________________________________
2. What does our heart pump around our body? __________________________________________________________
3. Can you feel your hear? _______________________________________
4. What is our skeleton like? _____________________________________
5. What do we need to move? __________________________________
Fill in the suitable collective nouns
1. He played with a ____________ of cards
2. A _____________ of dancers from Edu Delight School is performing.
3. He is proud of his _____________ of books
4. Miss Toss is looking for her _____________ of keys
5. A ____________ of teachers is having a meeting
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of words in the brackets
6. The shop sells many ________________ (glass)
7. He has lost his new pair of _______________ (shoe)
8. ____________ (lady) and ___________ (gentleman) the ceremony begins now said the priest
9. My ____________ hurt (tooth)
10. There are many ___________ in the library (bookshelf)
Complete each sentence by filling in the blanks with the possessive form of the nouns.
11. My _____________________ car (mom)
12. The _____________________ colour (birds)
13. The _____________________ smell (food)
14. The _____________________ hues (lights)
15. The _____________________ cup (boy)
Underline the adjectives in the following sentences
16. She is sitting on a wooden chair
17. He comes in a big car
18. An old man dropped his wallet
19. We saw a black snake in the garden
20. Delight is good boy.
1. Bola lives with her _____________ (a) parents (b) guardian (c) teacher
2. Her dad is a __________ (a) doctor (b) trader (c) teacher
3. Who owns the fruits shop? (a) Mum (b) dad (c) Bola
4. Who is Bola’s brother (a) Delight (b) Prosper (c) Segun
5. Segun’s best fruit is ______________ (a) Orange (b) Pawpaw (c) Banana
Write a composition about