Subject : CIVIC EDUCATION
Class :Basic 6
Valuing Nigerian Goods
Term : First Term
Week : Week 3
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson , pupils should be able to
- say the reason that we must buy Nigerian goods or products
Instructional materials :
- Sample or picture of Nigerian Goods and Products
- Pictures of Nigerian markets where Nigerian Goods and products are sold
Reference Materials :
- Textbooks on Civic Education book 6
- Workbook on Civic Education
- Lagos State Scheme of Work on civic Education
- Online links , materials and webpages that are related to this topic
Valuing Nigerian Goods
Nigerian Goods are goods , products and services that are of Nigerian Origin. These are the products that made by Nigerian and for Nigerians .
It is so pathetic and sad that if a Nigerian woman is selling jollof rice at the gate of the school and another American woman is also selling the same jollof rice at the gate of our school , don’t be surprise that many students and parents will queue to buy the American woman jollof rice , WHY?
Why is it that our people prefer to buy Italian shoes rather than the ones that are made by our brothers in Aba
Why is it that our people prefer to buy fake inferior imported expensive cables rather that the durable cables that are made in Nigeria
Why is it that our people prefer to buy non nutritional par boiled rice rather than Nigerian locally grown and packaged OFADA RICE
The Needs For Us To Value Nigerian Products ,Goods and Services
- It is the right thing to do as patriotic citizens of this great country
- It helps to protect the young local industries ,
- When we buy made in Nigeria goods , it provides job opportunities for other Nigerians
- Many industries and factories will be set up in Nigeria if we patronize and buy made in Nigeria goods.
- Unemployment rate will reduce .
- Youths will be gainfully employed .
- Crime rate will reduce .
- Some locally grown food are more nutritious than the imported chemically laden cancer causing processed embalmed food
- Nigerian superb well sewn attire brings out our diverse beauty in culture and we need to cherish ,protect and guide our culture by buying and wearing Nigerian made clothes .
- When we buy Nigerian made goods, it strengthens our National economy
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 2 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3 : The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own contributions and he or she corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher gives out a short note and he goes round to mark .
He or she does the necessary corrections
1. What are Nigerian made goods
2. Write out ten Nigerian made goods
3. Write out Five reasons for buying and valuing Nigerian goods