Subject : CIVIC EDUCATION
Class :Basic 6
Values that promote peace
Term : First Term
Week : Week 4
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson , pupils should be able to
- define peace
- mention values that promote peace .
Instructional materials :
- Sample or picture of Nigeria coat of arms with the inscription of PEACE and UNITY
- Pictures of Dove or white clothes that signifies Peace during war
Reference Materials :
- Textbooks on Civic Education book 6
- Workbook on Civic Education
- Lagos State Scheme of Work on civic Education
- Online links , materials and webpages that are related to this topic
What is Peace : Peace is the state of spiritual , emotional and physical calmness without fear or war . It is the absence of troubles or worries within oneself , ones friends, ones neighbour or ones country . Peace is a situation of tranquility, calmness or freedom from emotional or physical disturbance .
What are the values that promote peace
For peaceful coexistence among ourselves as brothers and sisters of this great country Nigeria , We must give room for these values and factors that enshrine peace among various nations and counties . These are the values that promote peace .
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 2 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3 : The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own contributions and he or she corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher gives out a short note and he goes round to mark .
He or she does the necessary corrections
1. What is the meaning of peace
2. Write out five values that promote peace .