Structure: Indefinite pronoun and indefinite Adverbs e.g. some, any, none
Basic 6 / Primary Six
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of Structure: Simple passages of dialogue and Conversation
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Explain the meaning of Indefinite pronoun
- say the meaning of indefinite Adverbs
- give examples of both indefinite pronouns and indefinite adverbs e.g. some, any, none
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
What are pronouns? Pronouns are words that are used instead of nouns.
Indefinite Pronouns : Indefinite pronouns are pronouns that are used to refer to things that are not specific. These things that are not specific may not be particular names , animals , places or things . It is a pronoun that does not refer to any person, amount, or thing in particular, e.g. anything, something, anyone, everyone. Other examples of indefinite pronouns are all, another, any, anybody/anyone, anything, each, everybody/everyone, everything, few, many, nobody, none, one, several, some, somebody/someone.
Examples in sentences
- In this tournament, everybody is a winner
- Nobody was willing to do what somebody should have down
- Am very hungry that anything will do
- Many are called but few are chosen
- When I needed help badly, I saw nobody
What is Adverb? An adverb is a word that modified a verb. Adverbs are used to indicate when, how or where things are done. Hence we have Adverbs of manner, time and place.
What are indefinite Adverbs : Indefinite adverbs are adverbs that are used to indicate an infinite time frame . It is used to indicate a time frame that is without end or for a very long period of time .Examples of indefinite adverbs are forever, eternally , infinitely, endless, continually etc .
Examples in sentences
- May Thy kingdom last forever.
- I pray that God Almighty will bless me till infinity.
- Your steadfast love is continually blissful
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- What is an indefinite adverb
- Mention four examples of indefinite adverbs
- Write out the meaning of indefinite pronouns
- Explain when indefinite pronouns are used .
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about Relationship among style, purpose and The audience
(Visited 305 times, 7 visits today)