The Roles of Family Members .
The Roles of Family Members
Primary 1 / Basic 1
Reference Materials : .
Lagos state scheme of work
Other relevant resources
Instructional Materials :..
- Wall posters
- Role playing by pupils
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of types of family
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Mention roles of daddy in a family
- Explain roles of mummy in the family
- Say what the kids are expected to do in the family
ROLE OF THE FAMILY MEMBERS
• Provision of food, shelter and money for the family
• Making important decisions.
. Payment of school fees
• Preparing food and keeping the house in order
• Nurturing and raising the children, teaching the children morals and values
It is important to note that the above roles and any other traditional roles assigned to either parent could be performed by any of the parents. Indeed, both parents are to compliment each other in the performance of all these functions.
• Obeying their parents
• Assisting in performing household chores, particularly in the kitchen, garden, laundry, washing the car etc
• Living up to family expectations
• Getting good grades in school
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
Assessment and Evaluation:
- Identify the members of the family
Mention the role of the members of the family.
Mention 5 roles of the family members.
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written. He or she does the necessary corrections when the need arises.
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about qualities of a good family
More Similar Links :
- Study of man and his environment
- Nigerian Culture Material and Non Material Culture
- Social studies is the study of man and his environment
- Primary 1 Social Studies First Term
- Concept of family
- Types of Family in Nigeria
- Qualities of Good Family. What Members Of Good Family Should Do Together
- Meaning Of Culture. Nigerian Culture Dressing, Greetings, Festivals
- What Good Parents Do At Home
- List two objects in the classroom
Basket ball the history of ball in Nigeria, the Facilities and equipment draw and label a basket Ball court
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION FIRST TERM EXAMINATION PRIMARY 6
Building Rhyming Words Family with Songs
About The Author
A very passionate teacher with interest in technology