Introduction to income yielding crafts
Primary 6/ Basic 6
Instructional Materials :
- Charts showing different income yielding crafts
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of how to make apron and different types of sewing machines
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Say the importance of income yielding crafts
Income yielding crafts are crafts that are used to make income
Income yielding crafts are craft items that are produced for sales. For example, beads, apron and cap, baskets, bags, pots, artworks, etc.
These craft items are produced with hands and special skills in return exchange for money.
Some of these crafts can be used for decoration of self or the home.
Importance and benefits of income yielding crafts
1. It generates and creates income opportunities for people.
2. Some products of home made crafts represent cultural and traditional display .
3. They are display of local talents and creativity
4. It reveals individual artistic intellects
5. It encourages the use of local made products.
6. It give people sense of belongings.
Identify different articles which could be
made for house hold use and for sale which are
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
Discuss the importance of earnings an income from making crafts
Demonstrate how to make some income yield crafts and list Five home crafts
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught. The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written. He or she does the necessary corrections when the need arises.
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about the next topic