Class 2 Health Education Week 1/2 Topic:- Care of our body
- Wash your body and hair every day.
- Comb your hair every day.
- Cut your finger nails.
- Brush your teeth before and after meals.
Class 2 Health Education Week 2/2 Topic:- Care of our teeth
- Clean your teeth everyday with toothbrush and toothpaste or chewing stick.
- We clean our teeth so that they will not decay and our mouth will not smell.
- We must not use another person’s toothbrush or chewing stick.
Class 2 Health Education Week 3/2 Topic:- Kinds of Food
- We eat different kinds of food.
These are: yam, rice, beans, gari, fish, meat, vegetables and bread.
- Body-building foods contain protein and they are: Meat, eggs, fish etc.
- Energy-giving foods contain carbohydrates and these are: Yam, maize, rice, bread, gari etc.
- Vitamins make us healthy and strong.
- We get vitamins from fruits and vegetables e.g. oranges, banana, pineapples, apples, mango, cabbage, green leaves.
Class 2 Health Education Week 4/2 Topic:- Kinds of Fruit
- We eat different fruits.
- They are: mango, orange, pawpaw, guava, apple, cashew, pear etc.
- Some fruits are soft and fleshy e.g. tomato, pineapple etc.
- Some fruits are hard and dry e.g walnut, coconut etc.
- Some fruits have only one seed e.g. mango, avocado pear etc.
- Some have many seeds e.g guava, tomato, pawpaw etc
Class 2 Health Education Week 5/2 Topic:- Disease – Fever, Ringworm etc
- There are many types of diseases like diarrhea, malaria, measles etc.
- Some diseases are caused by: ringworm, guinea worm, mosquitoes, virus etc.
- Most of these diseases give high fever.
Class 2 Health Education Week 6/2 Topic:- Care of our surroundings
- Sweep the surrounding of your house.
- Cut and hoe the bushes around your house.
- Collect all your refuse in the dustbin and cover it.
- Drain all standing water (still water) in your surroundings.
Class 2 Health Education Week 7/2 Topic:- Refuse Disposal
- Keep all refuse in the dustbin.
- Keep all refuse in the incinerators.
- Burn all refuse in the incinerators.
Class 2 Health Education Week 8/2 Topic:- Refuse Disposal (rev.)
Revision of previous note
Class 2 Health Education Week 9/2 Topic:- General revision of all the topics covered
Class 2 Health Education Week 12/2 Topic:- Sources of Water, Uses and Storage (rev.)
- We use water for cooking, drinking and washing.
- Water is used for firefighting.
- Water is used to produce electricity.
- Water is used in chemical and dye factories.
Storage of Water
We can store water in the can, water-tank, bowl, pot, keg, cup etc.