FIRST TERM SSI SCHEME OF WORK – COMMERCE
1. Meaning and scope of commerce (a) Definition / meaning of commerce (b) Branches / divisions of commerce © Factors affecting the growth of commerce
2. History/origin of commerce (a) Trade and problems
3. Productions (a) Meaning / definition of production (b) Classes / branches of production ©Factors of production
4. Occupation (a) Meaning / definition (b) Types /classifications © Factors that determines choice of occupation
5. Definition of labour /specialization (a) Advantages and disadvantages (b) Limitations to division of labour © Division of labour and exchange
6. Trade (internal trade) Meaning, features and reasons
7. Retail Outlet – Meaning and classifications, types, advantages and disadvantages of the various types.
SECOND TERM SSI SCHEME OF WORK – COMMERCE
1. Modern Trends in Retailing (a) Meaning and types eg Automatic Vending-c branding, packaging etc. (b) Advantages of the different types 67/113 © Features
2. Modern Trend Continues (a) Self service (b) After sale service © Presale services (d) Their advantages and disadvantages
3. Wholesale Trade Meaning and functions
4. Agents and types
5. International Trade Meaning divisions – export and imports , advantages and problems.
6. Balance of Trade (BOT) and balance of payment (BOP)
7. Documents needed in international Trade.
8. Ways of correcting balance of payment problems.
THIRD TERM SSI SCHEME OF WORK – COMMERCE
1. Money – Meaning types, qualities and functions
2. Business organization (a) Meaning and types (b) Advantages and disadvantages © Features of the various types (d) Sources of capital
3. Differences between or among the various types
4. Banking and finance Meaning and origin of banking Types of bank and their functions Types of bank account
5. Collateral securities Meaning and types
6. Cheques – meaning, types and advantages