FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR SSI AND JSSI –
1. FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER Constituents of a computer
1. Hard ware: System unit, Peripherals
2. Soft ware: System software, Application software Characteristics of a computer with computer Terminology
2. DATA AND INFORMATION Definitions of data and information Examples of data and information Differences between data and information How the computer process data Diagrammatic representation of a computer
3. COMPUTATION DEVICES I (PRE-COMPUTER AGE TO 19 TH CENTURY) The Abacus Features, components and uses Napier’s Bone Features, components and uses Slide Rule Features, components and uses Pascal’s Calculator, Leibnitz multipliers, Jacquards Loom Charles Babbage Difference and Analytic engine, Augusta Ada Byron, Hollerith Census machine, Punched cards, Burroughs, the comptometer and the cash register.
4. COMPUTING DEVICES II (20 TH CENTURY TO DATE) Antanasoft Berry computer, Electronic Numerical integrator and calculator Electronic Discrete Variable Automatic Computer Universal Automatic Computer Desktop Personal Computer Laptops and Notebooks Difference between laptop and Notebooks Other forms of portable device.
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR SSI AND JSSI – COMPUTER
1. INPUT DEVICES: Definition 2. Types 3. The computer keyboard: Types, Functions, commands 4. The mouse: Type, function, features etc 5. Pointing stick, joy stick, track ball, bar code reader, optical character recognition, magnetic ink character recognition etc.
2. OUTPUT DEVICES: Definition 3. Monitor: Types of monitor Types of screen display 1. Printers: Functions of printer, types of printer 2. Speakers 3. Plotters 4. Video graphic cards and sound cards etc
3. COMPUTER SYSTEM SOFTWARE: Definitions, types, categories of application packages 4. PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: Definitions, different level of programming languages, advantages and disadvantages of the different level of programming language.
5. FIFTH GENERATION PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR SSI AND JSSI – COMPUTER
1. COMMUNICATION SYSTEM: Definition of I.C.T, types of I.C.T Broadcasting, Telecommunications, Data Networks, information system and satellite communications.
2. APPLICATION AREAS OF I.C.T Tele-conferencing, Tele presence, Tele commuting, video conferencing, Tele communication and networking, multimedia message services, instant messaging
3. I.C.T BASED GADGETS 4. BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS – Booting, Description of the booting process, types of booting, components of the windows desktop. Practical’s on other simple basic computer operations.
5. WORD PROCESSING – Definitions, examples of Word Processor features of Word Processor
6. PRESENTATION PACKAGE – Definitions, examples of a presentation package, features of Word Processor using the presentation package.
(Visited 87 times, 1 visits today)