Lesson Title: Understanding the Articles of Faith in Islam
Grade Level: Primary 1
Subject: Islamic Religious Studies
Duration: 40 minutes
- Understand the five Articles of Faith in Islam.
- Identify key beliefs associated with each Article of Faith.
- Express an appreciation for the central beliefs in Islam.
Embedded Core Skills:
- Cognitive Skills: Comprehension and memorization.
- Communication Skills: Speaking and listening.
- Social Skills: Collaboration during group activities.
- Whiteboard and markers.
- Pictures or flashcards depicting each Article of Faith.
- A poster illustrating the five Articles of Faith.
- Quran verses and Hadith related to the topic
Assalamu Alaikum, my dear Grade 1 pupils! 🌟 Today, we’re going to learn about something very special in Islam: the Articles of Faith. These are the important beliefs that every Muslim holds in their heart. Let’s dive right in! 📚🕌
🧩 Article 1: Tawheed (Oneness of Allah) This means we believe there is only one Allah, the one and only God. Allah has no partners, and He is the creator of everything. 🌍☝️
🌟 Example: Look at the sky, the trees, and the animals around us. Allah made them all!
🧩 Article 2: Angels (Malaika) Muslims believe in angels. Angels are Allah’s special helpers who do good things and never disobey Allah. 👼💫
🌟 Example: When you do something good, like helping a friend, the angels write it down for Allah to see!
🧩 Article 3: Holy Books (Books of Allah) Muslims believe in the holy books that Allah sent to guide us, like the Quran, which is the most important one. 📖🕌
🌟 Example: The Quran is like a treasure chest full of wisdom and guidance for us to follow.
🧩 Article 4: Prophets (Prophets of Allah) We believe in Allah’s prophets, like Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). They teach us about Allah’s rules and how to be good people. 🙏👳♂️
🌟 Example: Just like how your teachers help you learn, prophets help us learn about Allah.
🧩 Article 5: Day of Judgment (Yawm al-Qiyamah) We believe that one day, we will all stand in front of Allah, and He will judge us for our actions. It’s like a big test! 📜🌅
🌟 Example: Imagine doing your best in a school test. On the Day of Judgment, we want Allah to be proud of us.
Remember, these Articles of Faith are like the building blocks of our faith in Islam. They help us become better Muslims and better people. 🤗💖
Now, let’s say them together: 🤲 Tawheed 👼 Angels 📖 Holy Books 👳♂️ Prophets 🌅 Day of Judgment
Great job, my little scholars! Keep learning and growing in your faith. 🌟📚🤗
1. Muslims believe in the ______ of Allah.
b) Many gods
2. Angels are Allah’s special ______.
3. The Quran is a ______ book for Muslims.
4. Prophets help us learn about ______.
5. Who is the last prophet in Islam? ______
a) Prophet MUHAMMAD (SAW)
b) Prophet Adam
c) Prophet Noah
d) Prophet Abraham
6. The Day of Judgment is like a big ______.
7. Muslims believe in the ______ of Allah.
a) Many gods
8. Angels are Allah’s special ______.
9. The Quran is a ______ book for Muslims.
10. Prophets help us learn about ______.
11. Who is the last prophet in Islam? ______
a) Prophet Noah
b) Prophet Muhammad(SAW)
c) Prophet Adam
d) Prophet Abraham
12. The Day of Judgment is like a big ______.
13. Muslims believe in the ______ of Allah.
b) Many gods
14. Angels are Allah’s special ______.
15. Prophets help us learn about ______.
- Introduction (5 minutes)
- Greet the students warmly and ask if they remember the last lesson.
- Explain that today, we will learn about the Articles of Faith in Islam, which are like the foundations of our beliefs.
- Main Content (15 minutes)
- Display the poster with the five Articles of Faith.
- Explain each Article one by one, using simple language and examples:
- Tawheed (Oneness of Allah)
- Angels (Malaika)
- Holy Books (Books of Allah)
- Prophets (Prophets of Allah)
- Day of Judgment (Yawm al-Qiyamah)
- Use pictures or flashcards to aid understanding.
- Teacher’s Activities (5 minutes)
- Engage the students with questions to ensure comprehension.
- Share stories or short verses from the Quran and Hadith to illustrate each Article.
- Learners’ Activities (10 minutes)
- Divide the class into groups.
- Give each group a scenario related to one Article of Faith and ask them to discuss how it applies.
- Encourage them to share their thoughts with the class.
- Assessment (5 minutes)
- Test the students’ understanding by asking them to name the five Articles of Faith.
- Have volunteers explain one of the Articles to the class.
- Ten Evaluation Questions:
- What are the five Articles of Faith in Islam?
- What does Tawheed mean?
- Who are the Angels in Islam?
- Name a Holy Book in Islam.
- Who are the Prophets of Allah?
- What is the Day of Judgment?
- Why are the Articles of Faith important?
- Can you give an example of Tawheed in everyday life?
- How do Angels help us in Islam?
- What do we learn from the Prophets of Allah?
Conclusion (5 minutes):
- Summarize the lesson by reviewing the five Articles of Faith.
- Remind students of the importance of these beliefs in Islam.
- Encourage them to share what they’ve learned with their families.
- Ask students to draw a simple picture or write a sentence about one of the Articles of Faith and bring it to the next class.
This lesson plan aims to make the topic of the Articles of Faith in Islam accessible and engaging for Primary 1 students, ensuring they grasp the fundamental beliefs of Islam while promoting participation and understanding